Engineer ( Station in PRC)
The Product Engineer is responsible for leading all project management
activities including tooling debug, scheduling, cost control and vendor
management to ensure on-time and on-budget completion of project. You
will report to Senior Director or Director of Product Development in HK
Office. Lead and organize the project team for new product development
according the projects assigned to the Team. Plans, organizes and
performs complete engineering assignments such as the design of
products, parts, components or assigned phases of major projects.
- Lead the project team, to deliver assigned projects in
quality, time and projected cost.
- Accurately translate the needs of end users into product
- Conceptualize and recommend ideas for new products, product
variations and product enhancements.
- Product Management of mechanical design.
- Design validation with simulation tools.
- Design new products, product variations and product
enhancements for quality.
- Apply tolerances to designs for high volume production.
- Design and coordinate construction and use of
performance/product testing fixtures.
- Collaborate effectively with Manufacturing to effectively
utilize DFM tools. Conceptualize fixtures and gages for manufacturing
- Document designs personally or by use of CAD drafter.
- Perform stress analysis on designs where strength is an
- Assign material and heat treat requirements for new product
- Work with model makers and vendors to build prototypes for
testing ideas, photography and vendor samples.
- Identify patentable design features.
- Solve existing problems in product manufacturing and design
- Responsible for product development via working with
internal engineering/project teams to solve technical and production
- Lead a team of engineers to perform engineering activities
during the product development cycle.
- Propose continuous improvement initiatives based on both
internal and external audit findings/feedback.
- Manage the whole new project development cycle, from NPI
phase to Mass Production.
- Perform failure analysis on internal & customer
- Recommend manufacturing processes (both Medex and outside
vendor processes) for new products.
- Helps to identify and evaluate potential supplier’s key to
new product success.
- Recommend prototype making techniques.
- Contribute to process development and maintenance.
- Any additional duties and responsibilities based on the
needs and evolution of the company’s business, product portfolio, and
Candidate with less relevant experiences will be considered as Product
- Bachelor’s degree from
Mechanical/Manufacturing/Electronics/Mechatronics engineering or
- At least 4-5 years experience in the development, project
management and manufacturing field
- 4-5 years working experiences in Plastic & Consumer
- Proficiency in mold design and analysis for plastic an
- Handling various projects from conceptual design to
production (plastic product);
- Proficiency in Pro E/ SolidWorks, AutoCAD; Finite Element
Analysis is definitely an asset.
- Strong Plastic & Tooling background is preferred,
Experiences in handling metal product will be an advantage
- Good command of written and spoken English & Chinese
- Able to manage projects from concepts to finalization on
- Analytical, meticulous and a good team player
- Station in PRC is required
- Immediate available is highly preferable